Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Our Duck Friends

We started a marble jar a few weeks ago to encourage good behavior from Jackson. My sister Angie has been doing this with her kids for over a year now and suggested it to me. It is based solely on positive reinforcement. He can earn a marble by doing simple chores and doing things without whining. It took him a week or so to fill it but his reward had to wait until he felt better. Sunday we decided to take him to do his reward- "Go feed our duck friends" as Jackson called it.

Miss Mya bundled up with daddy.

Jackson was brave enough to feed one of the big white ducks straight from his hand!


Canadian Geese were among the many varieties of ducks and geese there.


My cutie peeking at me...


This was my favorite duck. So pretty.



The fattest duck I have ever seen... look at him compared to the one in the top left of the picture! Fatty!



Jackson making me so dang nervous close to the edge... We had a really fun time feeding our duck friends. Jackson actually filled his jar again tonight, so we will be headed off to do another
fun thing in the next day or two!

3 comments:

lauracritchfield said...

I wonder if 2 is too young to do a marble jar. When Kobe is naughty I could take marbles out...he's never fill it..LOL. I like the idea of doing something with him as a treat - I would have just given a bag of cookies to Kobe...LOL. I really am a bad parent..

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

That's a great idea. I usually give 1 starburst per day, but I think I'm going to stop the candy and do this. Thanks Steph! The ducks were cute and you're right that black one was really fat.

The SoCal Jones' said...

Yeah for marble jars! We filled three jars this week so we have lots of dates coming up. I sure wish feeding the ducks would satisfy a teenager as a reward. I think we will be doing a couple of dinner and a movie dates! Caleb has finally decided he will take Dave on a date after going exclusively with me. So much fun!