Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Four year old Fibbing...

Oh I love my Jackson... Lately he has told me a few little fibs that have cracked me up.

Fib number 1:
When I explained to him that his cousin Caleb does a marble jar and that we were going to do one as well he asked if at the end when the jar was all filled if he would get to play with the marbles and I said no, we start over and fill it again to do more fun things. SO, after he filled it for the first time he said so happily "Yea! now I get to play with the marbles!" and I said "umm, no, we start over and do it again! Yea!" So he thought for a minute and said "Well mom, I talked to Caleb's mommy and she told me that after Caleb fills his jar he gets to play with the marbles."
Ha ha ha! So I said "oh really? You talked to auntie Angie and that's what she said?" and he said "yep!" and took the jar and dumped it on the carpet.

Fib number 2:
I made the mistake of showing Jackson the Easter egg dye kits I bought. The mistake you ask? Easter is like 6 weeks away still... So what did I hear for two days straight? "Mom now is it time to color Easter eggs?"
So he came up with a better way to ask...
"Mom, I was just watching the Easter News and the News guy said we are supposed to color eggs BEFORE Easter, like today."
Ha! So I decided that the eggs cost like 15 cents a piece and the dye kit was $1.99 so we boiled up a few eggs, threw on one of Kevin's work shirts and died a few eggs.



He was so ecstatic when I said yes!




I love this look on his face, he was so happy mixing colors.



The other funny thing he did was insisted on wearing Kevin's HUGE shirt to bed that night and thought that was so fun.

5 comments:

Robert Werner said...

Those stories are hilarious. When Sam does something like this I switch his nickname from "angel" to "sneaky devil" and he knows what this means. LOL.

Unknown said...

That is so funny! The colors look amazing in the glass cups. I always do mine in small bowls. From now on glass cups it is! You are such a good Mom!

Kylee said...

That is so funny. What a cutie. Hopefully he gets it all out of his system before he's a teenager, right. You're a fun mom!

Kylee said...

Sorry, I for got to say in the first comment, watching Jackson dye the Easter eggs reminded me of when Mikelle and Jackson dyed Easter eggs together a long time ago. Remember Jackson's green hand?

The SoCal Jones' said...

Actually, Jack did call me the other day and asked me about marbles and I told him we always play with the marbles. Soooo, it wasn't a fib.