Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My sick babes

We visited the doctor 4 times in 5 days...

Jackson was diagnosed with Pneumonia and an ear infection so bad it was on the verge of bursting. Poor kid didn't even say his ear hurt! He had a high fever of around 103-104, a nasty cough, and tons of mucus.

I tried my very hardest to keep the little Missy healthy. Washing my hands until they were so dry and hurting, sanitizing the house, trying to keep the kids in separate rooms, but it didn't work... Mya ended up at the instacare Sunday morning and the doctor said it was just a cold, and she would be fine.
LIAR! By Monday night she was so sick and coughing so badly she would stop breathing. Off to the Emergency Room we went... two trauma filled hours later she was diagnosed with RSV and bronchiolitis.


Kevin was gone a lot for work so I was extremely exhausted taking care of two really sick kids. Everyone is doing much better this week though and amazingly enough I didn't catch any of the nasty bugs, I don't think I could have coped if I got sick too!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Oh Stephanie I'm sorry your babes have been sick : (

Mya sure looks like an angel in these pictures - just beautiful!

lauracritchfield said...

OH my goodness. Poor Mya. I mean poor you and poor Jackson...as well but that little Mya is so cute and precious that I feel worst for her..LOL. I think I need to come and give that little girl a cuddle...(when she's better). Hope you guys are feeling better - that just sucks.
Bet you spent a bunch of money as well (which SUCKS SO BAD) aaahhh

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I'm so glad his ear didn't burst. Sam's did once and the fluid drained out. It was sick. I've heard RSV is terrible. I'm so glad they are on the up and up though and that you didn't get sick.

Hilary said...

How miserable! I'm so glad you are all feeling better.