Friday, April 8, 2011

Jackson Funnies

Today I have felt more over whelmed and stressed than usual... these kind of days are bad for me as I am a stressed out anxiety loaded girl on a regular day. My insomnia is back with a vengeance and I am doing very little sleeping which just adds to the problem. My house is a disaster... I never let it get this out of hand as I try to do a clean up every night before bed, but last night we had a rough night with the kiddo's who took away my quiet "Me Time." By the time the kids were both in bed sleeping I was exhausted mentally and physically. I took my sleeping pills and went to bed.......... sleep wouldn't come ALL NIGHT LONG. *Sigh*

So now here it is the next day and I am being unproductive, I have been trying to clean but am not working very efficiently and am getting distracted by other things. I guess I am entitled to have an off-day every so often.

Jackson on the other hand is having a day where he is being funny and sarcastic... this combined with my crabby mood is an interesting combination.
SO I am taking a mini time out to write his recent list of funnies. I have had to start keeping a list in the utensil drawer where I just jot down what he has been saying that makes me laugh.

On the list just from today are:

I took a de-stress break for a second and grabbed the ice cream tub and was having a few spoon fulls when Jackson wandered in:
Jack: Are you eating ice cream?
Me: Yes, it's green kind do you want a bite? (mint fudge flavor)
Jack: yeah! I then gave him a small bite.
Me: Do you like it?
Jack: (Smiles very fake) yeah! I like it! It's just a teensy bit Yuck.
Not a big mint fan I guess.)

Jackson was asking me for watermelon and I would respond that I was sorry but we didn't have any. He would then EXPLODE with whining and crying to the extreme saying "But I want it! I want watermelon!" On and on this went for like 5 minutes... He eventually moved on to something else for a few minutes and I thought the conversation was over. He then came up to me after a bit and pleasantly asked "Mom, I want some watermelon"
AHHHHHH!!!!!! Here we go again! So I said to him in a tense-trying to keep my cool voice- "Yes, I know you want watermelon, and what did I tell you already? Do we have any?" He thought for a minute and smiled while saying "You said yes! we do have some!" (Oh man..... this kid is going to get it) so I then said "Great! Go to the fridge and get some!" He started walking to the fridge then turned around and gave me the sad pouty lip look and said real sad "no we don't have any."

Jackson hates to wash his hands after using the bathroom for some reason and only wants to use the hand sanitizer or samitizer as he calls it. Today he used the bathroom while I was making lunch and apparently didn't wash his hands. I usually ask him if he did and send him back if he didn't but this time I didn't ask. I went into the bathroom a second later and was putting my hair in a ponytail when he came in and said in a frustrated voice-
"I can't eat lunch, I have too many germs on me."
Me: "Huh?? What are you talking about?"
Jack: "I didn't wash my hands so I'm all covered in germs."
Me: "why didn't you wash your hands?"
Jack: "well, you didn't ask me to"
Me: (Mental head slap) "ok..... Would you wash your hands?"
Jack: (Erupting in this whiny complaining yell) "NO!!! I don't want to wash my hands!!!"
Oh my gosh!!! I swear he did this whole conversation just so he could whine and yell at me! Seriously, my eye is twitching just writing this down...

As for funny things from the past few weeks he has said:

Yesterday Kevin and Jackson were putting together his new bike and Mya was sitting on the couch while I was cleaning up dinner. Mya started to whine a little bit so I said to her "Whats the matter sweetheart?" Jackson turned to me and asked "Are you talking to me sweetheart, or her sweetheart?" I said "I'm talking to Mya sweetheart" so he turned to look at her and he said casually to her "Oh, she's talking to you sweetheart."
He is so dang sweet! I'm sure it gets confusing being that they are both my sweethearts!

I had done like five loads of laundry the other day and they were all piled on my bed while I was folding them and Jackson came in and stopped and looked at it all for a minute then said in this exhausted voice "There is too much pink in this house!"
HA HA HA, get used to it kid, the gender ratio in the Colyar house is now even!

He was sitting on the couch one morning watch a new Disney show called "Jake and the Neverland Pirates." The main character Jake fights Captain Hook and gets Gold Deblumes as his treasure at the end of the episode. So near the end of the show Jake the pirate said will you count the gold deblumes with me? and Jackson said in such a board adult voice "No- I'm not in the mood..." I heard this from the other room and it made me smile to hear him say this to the TV.

Mya had a poopy explosion on her clothes the other day (and every day) and as I was filling up a bucket of water and Oxi Clean to soak the clothes in Jackson walked in and saw the Oxi Clean tub on the counter and said "You need to use that Oxi clean on Mya's poopy clothes Mom, it's tough on stains!" hmmmm.... maybe he watches a bit too much TV?

Jackson said to me the other night as I was tucking him in to bed "Mom, I want to be a grown up." I explained to him that being a grown up is hard sometimes, you have to get a job, cook and clean, and you don't get to play with toys. I said that sometimes I wished that I could be a kid again. He thought about this and said "Mom if you want to play with my toys I'll let you anytime you want." I could tell he was so concerned that I didn't get to play with toys anymore and I thought it was so sweet of him to offer his toys to me, what a cutie.

He is so funny and such a cute kid. I really do love being his mom. He is so much like me and has the same sense of humor as me. Today I did more eye rolling and shaking my head due to utter exhaustion but really he was funny today I just had to write it all down to really appreciate it.

1 comment:

Mary said...

That boy is hilarious!