Monday, April 4, 2011

April fools!

So I get great joy out of a good practical joke. I don't like jokes that are mean, hurt peoples feelings, or cause physical pain. I DO like a believable joke that can make people laugh whether its at my own expense or someone else...

Exhibit A:

Take for example what I did to Kevin a few weeks ago: This is one of our wedding pictures. I was having a lonely week while Kevin was working 16 hours of overtime and I got bored... This is the outcome. This is Jimmer Fredettes face as Kevin's beautiful bride. Here in the BYU area Jimmer is a superstar! Everyone is talking about Jimmer and all the men have man crushes on him due to his amazing skills, they have all sorts of Jimmer music videos and stuff on him. I used my photoshop skills and made this lovely creation then while Kevin was at work I uploaded it onto Facebook and saved it as his profile picture while pretending that he was the one who did it. The caption under the photo read: "Me and my true love!!! Look close, Isn't she beautiful!" These are the comments people left: Stephanie Egbert Colyar nice kev... seriously you did this to our WEDDING picture! classy... Laura Critchfield Kevin - you're strange...but s/he kind of suits you..LOL Kylee Duff I had to have Matt help tell me who it was, but it gave me a good laugh. Chris Susov Quality - Next step is recording a football game over your wedding video! Kevin Colyar if anyone really knows me then you will know that i am NOT computer literate. and that i did not marry jimmer. Stephanie Egbert Colyar WHATEVER KEVIN! You totally jimmered me! Nick Henderson WOW!!!! LOL! Katrina Egbert lol you are funny Casey Colyar haha nice! Although Steph, you make a much more beautiful bride than Jimmer. Kristi Christian Colyar Steph... we need to talk about those eyebrows! Steph Hardman Oh Steph that is creepy! Maybe you can change him to sandra bullock! Laura Critchfield LOL - yeah well I'd be definitely looking around...you gotta keep your options open these days anyway..LOL Elena Egbert Brooks We all laughed pretty hard last night when we saw it. At least he could have found a picture of Jimmer that was clean shaven! Melissa Egbert Showed it to Matt, he had expressionless look on his face but then I watched his face change as he looked closer (it was on my phone). Then he just looked disturbed. Susan Sta Lker Egbert that is a HOOT!!!!! The following Sunday we were at my in-laws and I said something about it being me who had done the whole thing and they were shocked and my sister in law Whitney said "Oh my gosh when I saw it I thought, Steph is going to be so mad!" HA HA HA! I seriously love messing with Kev, the best part was that Kevin has no clue how to upload pictures to Facebook or change his profile picture so it was on there a good week.

Exhibit B:
I was up nursing Mya in the middle of the night in bed. I had the lamp on but couldn't reach my book so I was just sitting there listening to Kevin snore. I whacked him to tell him to roll over and he woke up (whoops, normally he just rolls over and stays asleep.) He then asked why I hit him, so I quickly decided to mess with him and told him "You were talking in your sleep about a guy named Paul, are you cheating on me?" Kevin then laughed and said whatever you are so full of it... Kevin is super gullible so I knew it would only take a minute more to convince him. So I said "You totally were saying the name Paul!" so the discussion went and by the end I had him convinced he had been saying "Paul" in his sleep. HA HA HA, SO then I took it one step farther and went into his cell phone and changed my name in his contacts to Paul, then I sent him a text from my phone saying "Hey lover, I've been thinking about you!" The next morning we were getting ready for church and he found the text and I couldn't even keep a straight face! He then knew the whole thing was a joke and laughed...

Exhibit C:


This follows my last post about My brother Matt's big weight loss... This was all a joke. I used photoshop to make him heavier and balder and then tagged him and his wife in all the pictures for April Fools Day on Facebook. He always plays pranks on me and I usually fall for it- I never even remember it's April 1st! So this year I planned ahead and had the pictures ready weeks in advance. It went SO good. He saw it in the morning on his way out the door for work. He had multiple patients ask him about his weight loss and lots of people asked how he had lost all the weight on Facebook. The comments I got on the pictures were priceless- kept me laughing hard all day! By the end of the day I talked to Matt on the phone and he agreed I won- this year at least. I'm sure he's already planning his retaliation for next year... oh well, it was SO worth it.



These were my favorite comments:

Melissa Egbert Hahahahahhahahahaha! We're so proud of him, it was really hard work. Ally Egbert Murphy Nice! How'd he do it? I need to lose 20+ Steph Hardman Geez, Tell me how he did it! I want to lose 82lbs Christian Egbert Way to go matt! You're a fighter and have always been a hero of mine!Matthew Egbert Thank you all for your support - I really feel like a superhero. I think I am going to go shopping for tights this afternoon, but probably not a cape-that's a little over the top right? I still have demons haunting me about my body though. I feel like I need to get on some Charlie Sheen or something. Maybe amputate a leg - I sure love all the attention! Matthew Egbert I just had a new patient come in and tell me how much thinner I look from my facebook photos she saw this morning Lisa Egbert Johnson Super great job I have a nice photo of you in tights already so you won't need to post another I will post it later. I don't have any of you in a cape but I think I can find the photo of you in a nice dress. Stephanie Egbert Colyar BWA HA HA HA HA (My evil laugh)!!! The fact your new patient said that just made my entire year!!!! Matthew Egbert Yes, I thought you would like that - I don't even think we're FB friends - she must have seen it on Melissa's I guess. Matthew Egbert LOL you're such a dork - I had another patient ask me if I had really lost 82 lbs and she hadn't noticed.

Comments on the picture of Matt fatter: Travis Dever Mel your forearm diet is working wonders. Stephanie Egbert Colyar lol! Travis the poor girl couldn't get a bite with Matt around!!! Maybe now she'll get a little meat on those bones! Melissa Egbert Well Trav my forearm had that big nasty flap, seriously every time I waved at the kids I'd smack myself in the face with it so I decided to exercise it... looks better huh? Travis Dever Haha I'm glad you decided to take care of it. Honestly I used to stare at it and wonder if I should say something.

Comments on the 1st After picture with the arrows pointing to hair plugs:
Rebecca Egbert Jensen THIS is the after?????? Just kidding looking good. It is also good to know that your friendship with Richard Simmons has advantages other than all the sparkly short-shorts you have inherited. Aaron Miller THATS the brother I remember, right on man :) losing weight like that takes alot of dedication and work. Much respect bro BUT now for the rip (oh you didnt think I wasnt gonna say nothing now did you? :) lol) yeah man cuz in the before picture I thought you had ate your kids or something.......now before anyone gets offended just know that in the past me and Matt used to rip on each other ALOT ;) good job tho bro for real

On the 2nd After picture of Matt standing on the rock:
Kevin Colyar You look so free and happy! Laurie Brisman Amazing, way to go Matt! Matthew Egbert LOL - I was feeling really free that day. The constant burden finally lifted!Laurie Brisman How'd you do it??? Matthew Egbert It was super easy actually...it was the PhotoShop diet. It's all the rage in Los Angeles.

The when I announced it was all fake:
Matthew Egbert What that was a hoax!? I was so proud of myself. How disappointing. Melissa Egbert It's ok honey, don't let her take away your glory. You deserve it! Danika Carsey Hahahaha oh my gosh I so got fooled!! I couldn't believe it Haha oh my goodness I'm still laughing! That was a good one! Laurie Brisman That's hysterical, you totally got me! Stephanie Egbert Colyar see Matt people DID believe it! Matt said my photoshop skills weren't good enough to fool anyone! Let this be a warning to everyone what I can do if you make me mad or feel foolish... I will tag you in fabricated unflattering pictures! Laura Critchfield Okay - so..when I read this on facebook I was thinking to myself that it was a tad strange..lol. I mean the arrows and stuff were like pretty funny. But then I saw it on your blog and I was like "this is really weird but I guess Steph is just really proud of her brother" I mean WHO puts a whole post about their brother getting hair implants and losing weight...HAHAHAHAHAHA. Anyway I just it was hilarious and now I know its an April fools joke it's even funnier..LOL Debbie Simmons Noorlander Stephanie, that's the best! I keep laughing more with every comment i read. Laura Critchfield LOL - yeah you're the only one that fooled me this year that's for sure...and I never get fooled...well not much anyway..haha Melissa Egbert Yeah one time I did NOTHING to Steph and she put my sons wet diaper under my pillow. I didn't notice for a couple days (don't know how) so I slept on it! Gross! That's reminds me Steph, I never did get you back for that. However after seeing your wrath, I think I'll stear clear. Laura Critchfield LOL - Stephanie - you are evil.. Emalynn Robinson I think your photoshop skills are pretty good! I was confused myself!Stephanie Egbert Colyar LOL Mel I totally forgot about that! That wasn't a mean joke! All mom's love the smell of their child! The funny thing is that I did that very thing to Kevin for april fools day too and he didn't notice either! Cheryl Smith Wangsgard This is a great joke, way to go Stephanie!!!

So as you can clearly tell I like to laugh and after last friday my sides are still hurting from all the laughing I did! Happy April Fools Day!

4 comments:

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I don't know him, but I couldn't believe you posted that about his hair plugs. So glad it was a joke. My husband even looked over my shoulder when I was reading your blog and I told him how your brother's wife caught him with 12 plates of food and he laughed.

lauracritchfield said...

Well, One day you wake up and realise that people/a person is different than you once thought. I can't believe you pick on Kevin so much.. ha ha ha
I guess it's good to keep the humour in your marriage and hopefully Kevin doesn't get you back one day real soon because noone will feel bad for you at all..

Kori Ann said...

OMG that Kevin story was so hilarious. Paul. LOL. Good ones!

Mary said...

Wow Stephanie you totally had me! I really was embarrassed for your brother that you posted this on your blog ha ha! Good photo-shopping skills ; )