Sunday, August 15, 2010

You got WHAT, stuck WHERE???

Last monday Jackson came out from his room upset and kind of crying saying, "I got that blue bowl stuck in my nose." Once I realized what he was talking about and figured out what little blue bowl it was I tried to feel it from the outside and look up his nose to see it, but couldn't. So then I had him blow into a tissue a few times- nothing came out... So I searched his room for this tiny little bowl and couldn't find it. I kept asking are you sure its in there? Did it maybe fall out? and he would point to his forehead and say No I pushed it way up here...
I didn't know what to do so we all jumped in the car and headed to the instacare.

The picture below is blurry but with the flash on it lit it right up!
Holy crap! There it is!!! The doctor got all her instruments to pull it out but decided to have him try blowing into a tissue again (I tried this at home...) He blowed and blowed, but nothing came out. She then told him to do the big huge blow one last time- and it popped right out! Are you kidding me???!!! 90 DOLLARS later to blow into a tissue, we were on our way home. At least is was a pretty funny experience and wasn't too high up there!



The culprit! The little blue bowl from his minature 3 bears set.



Please tell me Girls don't do this???

8 comments:

Kylee said...

Nope, sorry. So far Mikelle is the only one to have stuck something up her nose. Maybe it's an oldest thing? We can hope so I guess.

Hilary said...

One day Jayden was in his room supposedly napping when I heard horrible screams coming from his door I went in and he had shoved a little bead into his ear. Fortunately I got it out with some tweezers, but I was very close to taking him in. We had a long talk about the importance of not sticking things in head holes! Hopefully he learned his lesson!

Scott and Megan said...

Oh man, that sounds like a great time!!! LOL! What a funny story NOW, I would have been a little freaked out during, and $90....ooo that makes me so angry! i am sick of medical bills!

Dan said...

Wow, he is more like his Dad every day. Did you try a butter knife to get it out?

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Luckily I haven't had that experience with Sam yet. You'd think I would since usually our boys are on the same page in their book. No I don't think girls do these things :) Hopefully not anyway. Hilarious story for the future though.

Craig Colyar said...

Yep, like father like son. Kevin is famous for sticking stuff up his nose. We weren't nice enough to take him to a Dr. to get things out though!! What a funny story (well, all but the $90).

Jason & Kelli West said...

i think little objects getting stuck in kids nose scares me just a little bit....like crayons or something long and sharp. Lol..i am lame i know. Im glad it came out, but sorry you had to pay money for it to hapen. glad he is ok!! hope you are feeling just a tiny but better!!

Amber said...

Hi Stephanie! My mom told me last week that you were having a girl. I can't wait to see pictures and your cute little boy holding him. That is what I am most excited for. You are so nice to send Cami something. But please don't feel obligated to... especially with your husband being laid off and the new baby coming. That has got to be so stressful. But if you still want to, email me at amberdgriff@gmail.com or leave me your email and I will send you her address... I just don't want to leave it on here... you never know... But it is so great to hear from you. Thanks so much for wanting to help. It means a lot!