Tuesday, August 10, 2010

And the verdict is.....


A Girl!!!


Okay so she may be a tad bit spoiled already... me and my mom hit the stores within minutes of finding out it was a girl and got her 3 pairs of shoes (are they not the cutest things EVER?) and multiple unbelievably darling outfits. Every time I go to Gymboree for Jackson I always admire the girls stuff from a distance and wish and dream- but today I am officially allowed on that side of the store!!!
The Proof is below!
So last week my sister Angie visited with her kid's and Jackson just loves them, especially her little 16 month old Chelsie and decided that is what our babies name was no matter if it was a girl or a boy, it's name would be Chelsie. So we told the ultrasound tech this and so she wrote it on the picture, pretty cute.
The tech said she was positive this is a girl, I took some convincing because girls are extremely rare for the Colyars... Kevins grandma- 5 boys 0 girls, Kevin's mom- 5 boys 0 girls, and out of the grandkids 6 grandsons 1 granddaughter (she was adopted, although you could never tell because she looks so much like her mom and Kev's bro!) So in these three generations not one girl has been born to these colyar boys!!! WE WERE SO SHOCKED! I have been so sick the whole time and have had the feeling it was a girl but deep down thought it would be a boy just due to genetics. The last two are from my 12 week appt. The first one I LOVE because her little legs are crossed, so cute. The last one is of her face.


We are so excited!

6 comments:

Hilary said...

Congratulations!!! Way to produce a girl :) And I love those little crocheted booties. So adorable.

Kirsti said...

A HUGE congrats from me! So excited for you guys!! Looking at the ultrasound pics I still cant tell what is what...3 kids later you would think I would have a clue..nope. Nice to know we can add some pink to the fam.

Scott and Megan said...

wow. I need some convincing!!!! Holy cow, I never thought it was possible in the Colyard group...i'm really excited for you and happy! Congrats a thousand times...wow!

Jason & Kelli West said...

Oh Stephanie that is FANTASTIC news. Little girls are so much fun. I have 3 nieces and love to spoil them!! If you have a baby shower I would love to come and spoil your little girl!!! Oh, and I would love to teach you hoe to digi scrap. all you need is photoshop. seriously, if your hubby wants to give you a night off come on over and i will teach!!! I hope you are feeling better with the preggo sickness. yuck, im sorry. I totally know how you feel. bleh. keep posting pictures of all the cute girl stuff that you buy!!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Love the shoes!! You're right girl clothes are way more fun. I spend too much money at gymboree. I can't wait to go shopping for an outfit just for little girl colyar. Great ultrasounds. She looks like a cutie pie already.

Amanda said...

I am so excited for you. Girls are a lot of fun to shop for. Can't wait for bunco next friday!!!