Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sunday Dinner

We like to go to Sunday dinner either at my parents house or Kevin's parents house. It is fun for me to visit with them and laugh. I love to see my kids with their grandparents. This Sunday we went to my parents house.


This is my grandpa. He is 85 and loves Miss Mya. I have never seen him ASK to hold someones baby, we usually just put a baby on his lap but from day one he has wanted to hold her and enjoys her, which I love! When I was like 37 or 38 weeks pregnant he even asked to feel the baby kick- which SHOCKED me, he sat there next to me on the couch and felt my tummy for like 5 minutes! It was pretty special. He must be becoming a softie in his old age.






Maddy needed her picture taken too... She still thinks she is the baby and hates to share attention.


Mya and my mom, whom she is named after, Dianne. I love how they are looking at each other with the same facial expression!






Sometimes I really wish we could move out of Utah, just for the experience, but then I know I would really miss family, especially on Sunday nights.

7 comments:

Travis & Liz said...

Mya is the spitting image of her beautiful mommy!! Seriously, she's such a doll and I hope mine will be as good as she is!

Scott and Megan said...

Isn't that funny? I have often thought of how great it is to live away, which I have, but gosh dangit, I miss my family so, so much when I do live away. athe older I get the more I want to be closer to my parents and grandparents as they age and stuff. The best things in life to me are the gospel and my family! NOTHING better. AND that includes good cousins like the Colyars!!!:)

Mel said...

I love the picture of your mom and Mya looking at each other! It's absolutely precious! So yes, we miss family dinners too. It's fun to sit around and catch up on stuff and eat good food that you don't have to cook.

lauracritchfield said...

Love this post. Our grandparents are getting old huh. I see my pop and Nan in photos and can't believe how oldish they look. Good to see Uncle Doug with Mya. Nice memories.

Debbie said...

Beautiful pics of all four generations. Thanks for sharing. It's great to be able to catch up with what's happening in your family.

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Your grandpa is so cute. We love visiting my parents on Sundays too.

Sarah said...

Love the pictures, Steph. Mya is absolutely beautiful!