Monday, May 17, 2010

What the....???


Okay, so this wasn't supposed to be able to happen for us... After Kevin had cancer three years ago (Yippie, still clean) he had a sperm analysis done at his one year mark and it showed his sperm count to be EXTREMELY low (his was 4 million, and the average is 300 million, plus the mobility on the 4 million was terrible). The doctor told us it is really rare for it to recover and it would be virtually impossible for us to get pregnant naturally (like under a 2 percent chance). At the beginning of this year we felt very strongly it was time to have a baby so we started to see our fertility doctor. We were planning to do our first fertility treatment this summer, but had a miracle and ended up getting pregnant naturally!!!
We were so shocked- I mean it seriously took Kevin two weeks to believe it... First he accused me of cheating (jokingly), then he thought it was a hysterical pregnancy (serious- he thought this) but by the time the ALL-DAY LONG sickness hit full force he finally believed it...
I am so stinking sick I can barely function most days but we are so excited and wondering what happened...
Anyway, we wanted to share the news with all of our friends and family!

12 comments:

Hilary said...

Congrats! I'm sorry you're so sick, but WOW, that is awesome!!!

Brooke said...

Oh my word, Steph...I can hardly believe it!! That just totally made my day! Can't wait to see you on Friday to hug you and tell you how excited I am in person!!

Merrells said...

Congratulations! I'm so sorry you're sick but what an amazing blessing!

Scott and Megan said...

oh stephanie I am so excited for you guys! Wow! The fertility road is a sh*tstorm, so I am so glad this little miraculous event took place. Congrats a million times! Tell my cousin Kevin good work too!:)

Kylee said...

Yeah, I'm so excited for you guys. That's awesome how things worked out. Sorry you are so sick, hopefully it doesn't last the whole pregnancy. I'm glad you didn't cheat and that it is a real pregnancy also!

Travis & Liz said...

Yay! We are so excited for you! Hope you didn't feel too sick in Disneyland!

Amanda said...

YIPPEE!!! I am so excited for you. What a wonderful surprise!!!

Mason Family said...

yeah for you! :)

Ashley Luck and Randy Luck said...

Congratulations!!!!

Peacock Family said...

YEAH!!! I am so excited for you guys!!! CONGRATS!!!

Jason & Kelli West said...

that is so exciting! its amazing what the Lord can bless us with!!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

What a MIRACLE! I'm so happy for you guys. Great!!! I secretly hope its a girl for you :)