Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Bean Museum

So I don't have any pictures to go with this post, which I hate, but the story is pretty funny.

I took Jackson and Charlie (The 3 year old I tend) to the Bean Museum today. It was a pretty fun little outing, My friend Kori met us at the Museum with her kids and so we all set off to see all the animals. I'm sure most of you have been here- if not, it is full of all sorts of animals all dead and stuffed, I actually find it a little disturbing.
Well, Charlie was a little angel, obeying the rules, staying by me, and behaving... Jackson on the other hand would dash right under the velvet rope that is supposed to keep you out of the exhibits (yeah right!) and would start petting the animals! eeewww, gross! So as I'm pulling Jackson out of the Zebra exhibit he starts yelling "No mom! I ride him! I ride him!" okay, so this is the same kid who wouldn't ride the sweet pony named "butterscotch" at Thanksgiving Point, but offer him a dead Zebra to ride and he is all ready to go!!! So I tried to explain that the animal isn't real and we can't touch them. Before I know it Jackson is in with all the deer petting another one and trying to climb on it's back! I ran over there and Jackson started screaming "no mom" and knowing I was going to stop him he started petting the deer so vigorously it's hair started to shed! AHHHH so GROSS!!! So at this point we left, before they kicked us out.

Oh man... it's really funny and even at the time I was laughing, but still pretty gross...

10 comments:

Mason Family said...

Those are the moments when you wonder what on earth you did to get a child like that! I guess we must have stood int he wrong line in heaven! Don't you just love kids! ;)

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Oh man I was LOL at work just now over this. That is such a funny story. Isn't the elephant amazing. To bad the smell in there isn't so fun. I can't believe he was petting them. I agree...that is gross!!

mindy said...

That is so gross!! That place creeps me out.

Dan said...

he must really love his animals when they don't move.

Kori Ann said...

It was very funny. He is so entertaining.

Kylee said...

Wow, Steph, I am impressed. Two kids around the same age I am guessing. I have taken Mikelle and Jonah there before, but Jonah is strapped in the stroller the whole time and I generally have a free hand to grab Mikelle with. Brave mom, looks like you are ready for two kids! ;)

Amber said...

Ha ha. That is so sick! I can't believe that. I won't even go in that place. I went there on a field trip once and it freaked me out! You have one brave little boy!

noelia said...

Oh gosh ... you are brave to go out with a 2 and a 3 year old. You are an awesome mom!!

Hilary said...

You are so funny. I love that he wouldn't ride the pony, but if you offer him a dead zebra he's ready to go. What a funny kid.

Ashley Luck and Randy Luck said...

Hey!!! Your son is soooo adorable! What have you guys been up to?