Thursday, February 24, 2011

Stephanie and the No Good, Horrible Day....

The past day and a half have been very bad days...

We woke up early Tuesday to head up to North Salt Lake to my aunts funeral. She died last Friday from Stage 4 brain cancer. Kevin is working a swing shift for a few weeks and is working 2-10:30 pm downtown Salt Lake across from the Conference Center so he was able to come to the funeral with me. Mya is TERRIBLE in the car, I mean HORRIBLE... She Screams bloody murder to the point of throwing up and choking on it and me panicking trying to help her while I'm driving. She screams even if I am just driving 2 minutes away. The only way to stop the screaming is if I squeeze between the two kids in the back seat, hold a pacifier in her mouth, hold both her hands and stroke her face while shhhhh-ing her (doing ALL of these at the same time will work about 70% of the time, doing some but not all of these works about 10% of the time, If I'm driving and she's alone- she will scream 99% of the time) Needless to say I do not ever leave the house after Kevin goes to work. It has been really difficult and if I do have to go anywhere I stress like crazy all day about it.
Anyway, me and Kevin drove separately so that he could leave when he needed to and head to work. I was worried about the screaming so I convinced my Dad to meet us in American Fork and drive my car while I sat with Mya. I picked my Dad up and I can honestly say he looked a little scared when I opened the door and he heard the screaming... I know he was thinking of a way to get out of driving me... I calmed her down and she went to sleep! YiPpiE! Kevin was following us in his car and we decided to leave his car off the freeway on 90th South in an empty closed down Lowes lot and all drive together to North Salt Lake. They were burying her in the Sandy City Cemetery on 90th so we figured it would be super easy to pick up his car on the way to the cemetery after the funeral. We went to the funeral, everything was so nice, the speakers were wonderful. Me and Kevin left the funeral, my dad went with my mom, and we headed to the Cemetery. As we pulled up to the parking lot where we left Kevin's car we saw it was in the process of being towed!!! AHHHHH! They had it hooked up and a boot on it, but it wasn't loaded yet. We jumped out of the car and asked if we could get his car off... He replied "yeah, if you'll give me $80 cash" ....... ok
We told him we were sorry, we had no idea you couldn't park there and we didn't see a sign. He motioned over to a sign behind a bush... NO wonder we didn't see it! We got the money, paid our fee and went to the cemetery. Kevin had to leave shortly after and I went to the luncheon. I then begged my mom to come with me because I had a doctors appt.
My mom waited in the car with the kids while Jackson watched a movie. I was getting an ultrasound done to make sure my IUD was in correctly. It wasn't...... They tried to push it further in, SO PAINFUL..... didn't work, they removed it and put a new one in, MORE PAINFUL. I was crampy and in pain. I went back to the car and realized I had taken the diaper bag with me and locked my mom in the back seat with the child locks on the doors. Whoops! Of course Mya had pooped while I was in there so my sweet mother changed her diaper by spitting on Kleenex and wiping her poop (Not the most effective way). I got her changed took my mom to her car and headed home.
I was exhausted from the day and not feeling well. I put Jackson to bed and was holding Mya when about half an hour later I heard Jackson Screaming! I put her down and ran into his room to see his nose was pouring blood. I DO NOT do well with blood, I go into shock and pass out all the time from blood issues. I handled it like a champ! I was so proud of myself, I took care of it and didn't even get faint. Later that night at 3:30 Mya woke up to eat. I put her back to bed at about 3:45 and was drifting off to sleep when Jackson woke up super sick. His temperature was 103 degrees and he couldn't stop coughing really bad. I cuddled him, let him watch a show, and gave him medicine. I got him back to bed about an hour and a half later, just in time for Miss Mya to wake up and decide she was hungry again!!! Then Jackson was up again a bit later as well...
I was SO tired when I woke up wed morning but had a bunch of errands I needed to run before Kevin left for work. I get ready, grab my purse to head out and realize my wallet is totally GONE! It has vanished along with all my credit cards, drivers licence, temple recommend, gift card to Khols, Debit card, a check I hadn't deposited in the bank yet, and all my other stuff! I lost it... I panicked, tore the car apart, tore the house apart, called the Doctors office, called my cousin to go look at the church where the luncheon was, called the cemetery, but no one has it. It is gone.... I cried. I was so tired and just frustrated with the past day. I have cancelled all my credit cards and am now without a drivers licence or any money. What a pain! I have spent two days looking and calling places but it is no where to be found. I last used it to pay the tow truck driver... Such a frustrating thing to lose!
I am so ready for this week to be over!

8 comments:

Maren said...

My mouth is OPEN!!! Sheesh! You could win a prize, stephanie. I think you are about 5 miles past 'bad day'. You may pass go and head straight to 'Day From Hell'.

lauracritchfield said...

oh my goodness. THAT SUCKS. There is nothing worse than having to deal with crap like that and having a sick little boy is horrible as well. Maybe you need to put Mya in her car seat at home and rock her back and forth or something so she gets used to it. I haven't heard of a baby hating the car seat as much..poor you. Not being able to go and do things (even though it's hard with two kids anyway) it would be horrible to have to stay at home or deal with a crying crazy baby..ha ha ha.
Hope your wallet turns up. It probably won't but you never know. Maybe you left it on the top of the car and drove off or something. SO glad SOnia's funeral was nice.. Love reading your blog

Hilary said...

I'm so sorry Stephanie! There are no words. It's crazy that that many bad things can happen to a person in one day. I really hope it gets better soon and your wallet shows up! I'll pray that whoever finds it will be honest and try to contact you! And I hope your adorable boy feels better stat and that you can get some rest!

Kylee said...

I'm so sorry, I hope things turn up soon and that you find your wallet. Hang in there, it won't last forever.

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Someone needs to take Steph to the spa. Hurry hurry I'll be right there. That sounded like a really terrible day. I'm sorry hun! You do handle things like a champ though. Everything will get better now. I'm sorry about your Aunt too.

Mason Family said...

Poor Steph!!! I'm so sorry that you've had a rough few days! :/ not any fun at all! I can't wait to see you and hope that tomorrow is a gazillion times better than today and yesterday!

Mary said...

You poor thing! I am so sorry Stephanie hopefully now that it's a week later things have calmed down!

Merrells said...

Ugh! Glad that day's over!