Monday, January 3, 2011

Introducing Little Miss Mya!

Mya Dianne Colyar

December 20, 2010

7:06 am

6 lbs 3.6 oz

17.5 inches

Bright and early! We checked in to the hospital at 5:00 am. My C-Section was scheduled for 7:00 am. I wasn't allowed to wear nail polish or make up and I couldn't eat after 10 pm the night before.

The last look at my 9 month belly.



Kevin's outfit for the operating room- he recently lost about 35 lbs so this time it fit so much better than with Jackson.

Kind of a gross picture, but this is them cutting the umbilical cord.

6 lbs 3.6 ounces! (10% percentile) 17.5 inches (1% percentile) So Tiny!
Me meeting Mya for the first time!

A rare chance to see her eyes. She rarely opened them for the first 2 and a half weeks.
I was so curious to see if she would have red or blond hair! She has blue eyes the same shade as me and blond hair with a little redish tint.
After being in recovery with hypothermia... Feeling terrible, my body temp is about 94 in this picture. But I was thrilled to finally get to hold her.

I had a really rough time after surgery- it sure shows in the pictures of me on this day...

Kevin's parents

My mom


My sister Angie
Grandma Cheryl

Grandpa Mont and Grandma Cheryl

Our whole family.
(I am so freaking swollen after all the IV's and medication.)

My dad, Grandpa Mel-Ross (a nickname Jackson calls him) came that evening with flowers.

Kevin's brother Craig and his family came to visit and brought us a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Savannah was excited to finally have a girl Colyar cousin. Their son Justin is hiding behind his mom, Kristi.

Craig and Justin

Daddy holding his baby girl.


Kevin's brother Casey

Aunt Whitney, Casey's wonderful wife.

Aunt Kirsti holding Mya.

Kevin's brother Chad came with his three boys and his wife Kirsti.

Cousins Blake and Luke

Day 3 in the hospital

Mya with her Great-Grandma (Kevin's grandma)





Grandma Cheryl with the two kids

At home... sleeping on the couch

Me and Mya cuddling at home

Miss Mya- 10 days old

She is so stinking cute. We are absolutely in love with her. Jackson is the best big brother who loves this little girl so much and sings to her, and kisses her, and tells her how much he loves her all day long. What a little miracle!

7 comments:

Kori Ann said...

She is so beautiful! I want to come see you! We have been sick, so I've been waiting until we aren't germy anymore! Also, Ethan would love to play with Jackson. Can I take him one day for you? I will text you!

Lanie said...

what a cute little baby :)
glad everything is going good for you guys. we miss you its been a while

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

What a miracle is right! I love Mya already and can't wait to meet her someday. Way to rough it Steph!

Kirsti said...

Oh how we love little Mya. I can't believe that she is still so tiny. I love that Jackson loves her so much. He is going to be the best big brother.

Scott and Megan said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so glad that she is here and healthy and all is well. How fun for you! I'm so, so happy for you guys!!!

Mary said...

Oh Stephanie she is so precious! Congratulations I'm so glad everything went well. You look amazing by the way! Love the pictures of Mya (such a cute name too.)
-Mary

Mel said...

She's adorable! What a wonderful blessing she is. So happy for you guys!