Saturday, September 11, 2010

Ventura

Our last Day in California we drove up the coast to meet my Brother Matt and his family in Ventura.
The most beautiful tree. It was HUGE!

At the Ventura Mission. The kids thought this was a great place to run around and be super loud, and blow out all the prayer candles...

We went to the pier and were looking all over for Matt and his family (They left before us after the mission) when low and behold we saw this awesome pirate ship. As we were admiring it we noticed Matt and his family sitting on the ship... of course matt would know pirates!


The captain of the ship is a patient of Matt's. He is the best Chiropractor in Santa Maria, California (well, actually the best in the world... but a long drive to see if you aren't central coastal cali)

My Sister Angie and her boy Caleb firing the cannon


Chelsea firing

Jackson holding hooks with the Pirate

After the pirate ship My mom bought all the kids kites to fly on the beach. It was cold and windy but they loved it.





My Oldest nephew Corry up in the tree trying to save someones run away kite.



That dot in the right side sky is the kite. He did actually get it down.


Dinner and Matt's birthday Pie at Marie Callendars

Matt and Melissa, I sure miss these guys. We spent our last night at their house and got a bag of fresh oranges and lemons from their backyard to take home. The lemons are so sweet I peeled it and ate it like an orange. Mel sent us home with a ton of cute girl clothes and a baby bassinet too!

2 comments:

Lanie said...

That looks like it was so much fun! I am bummed we couldn't come with you guys!

Kirsti said...

So many new posts Steph...wow your summer has been amazing! You guys have done a ton of fun things. I feel like my summer was recovering from a c-section, so now I am ready to have my summer but this rain is not helping. Disneyland looked like it was a blast. I love taking my kids there, your pictures made me miss it!