Friday, September 9, 2011

Why am I so lucky?

{Going to Meet the Teacher Day}

This boy makes me incredibly happy! I don't know why I got to be the lucky one who was chosen to be his mom. I get to spend a great deal of time with him and the things he does and says are priceless!
The other week we were headed to my sisters house, which is about 40 minutes away. Kevin was home so the whole family was in the car. Jackson loves to sit in the middle of the backseat to be by Mya. Partway into the ride Mya started to fuss (common in the car) I reached into the diaper bag to find something to give her and I found two little containers with her treats in them- one had puffs and the other had yogurt drops. I handed them to Jackson and commented to Kevin how glad I am that he thought to pack those.... Kevin said "I didn't put those in there" just then from the backseat Jackson said "I did mom! I got those for Mya so she wouldn't be sad."
I was so proud of him! He had thought of Mya and knew that she doesn't like the car and thought ahead. He didn't pack a snack for himself even though the snack bin is right next to her snacks on the shelf, he only thought of making her happy. Thinking about my little four year old getting the bowls, filling them up, snapping on the lids and putting them in the diaper bag all by himself brought tears to my eyes.

This morning as I drove him to preschool He was talking to me about what he will do after high school, and I said he will go to college, and he asked what he will do after college, and I said that he will then find a job. He asked what he will do for a job and I told him he can do anything he wants, like be a doctor or fly airplanes. He then said "OK, but first I will be a Missionary and I will go on a mission to the ocean and teach all the sea animals. I'll teach all the mean ones how to be nice and not eat the fishes." While this struck me as cute and funny, I also was so impressed with him to talk about wanting to be a missionary! Love him :)

These are just two instances in the past few weeks... I really love the little man he is turning into and am so proud of him.

7 comments:

The SoCal Jones' said...

Wow, what a great kid! Miss you!

Hilary said...

He is such a sweetheart. :)

Mel said...

I love that he got her treats! What a sweetheart! He's going to be one thoughtful guy when he grows up! Miss you guys! And don't worry, your mom is on her way home to you. hahaha thanks for letting us keep her for so long.

Kirsti said...

He's a keeper! We love that kid!!!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

These years are so precious. Jackson is a clever one.

Kori Ann said...

He is so sweet!

Kylee said...

He is so adorable and sweet!